× Discuss on Template programming, jBASE programming, Enquiries, No-File enquiry, Enquiry routines, Version, Version routines, Menus, Abbriviations, Creating local reference fields, Fast path enquiries, Creating charts and graphs, Generating Reports, Deal slips, Straight through processing, Multi Company and Multi Book setup, Tabbed screens, Composite Screens, T24 API, etc...

PRINT.ROUTINE in PRINT.STATEMENT

• subrata
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #13463 by subrata
PRINT.ROUTINE in PRINT.STATEMENT was created by subrata
Hi All,

Does anyone have idea how to write PRINT.ROUTINE in PRINT.STATEMENT? As per Temenos helptext if PRINT.ROUTINE is attached, T24's own printing process is ignored. Does this mean that T24 will not consider the selection fields in PRINT.STATEMENT and it will not start XXX/PRINT.STATEMENT TSA.SERVICE automatically once verified? Because in normal scenarion T24 selects AC.STMT.HANDOFF$HIS (for reprint) based on the selection criteria supplied in PRINT.STATEMENT and starts the TSA.SERVICE to format and print. Anybody having idea on this please share possibly a sample code for PRINT.ROUTINE.
Any suggestion/advice in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jpb
  • TAFj-R20 - 'unix'
More
11 years 2 months ago #13466 by jpb
Replied by jpb on topic PRINT.ROUTINE in PRINT.STATEMENT
The PRINT.ROUTINE is launched after V-erify and also when the service is started, i.e. the .LOAD and .SELECT will run but then PRINT.ROUTINE is started as single thread (can be tested easliy with a dummy routine that just uses CRT "called ...").

There are no parameters passed, you have to handle the enquiry fields (using I_ENQUIRY.COMMON) yourself and loop thru AC.STMT.HANDOFF / AC.STMT.HANDOFF$HIS.
Also printer handling/spooling is up to you.

We wanted to use it for generating a textfile instead of spooling but we have choosen another way so I have no sample routine.

• subrata
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #13467 by subrata
Replied by subrata on topic PRINT.ROUTINE in PRINT.STATEMENT
Thank you very much JPB. I got some idea from your response. Could you please share some more idea on the below:
I want to set ACCT.CATEGORY (and some other fields like sector, to.date..)as selection criteria in PRINT.STATEMNT but want to filter out some accounts from the selected list based on the value of some local fields in ACCOUNT/CUSTOMER/ACCOUNT.STATEMENT. T24 should continue with rest of the things normally handling printers/spooling as defined in REPORT.CONTROL.
Appreciate your support as usual.

Regards,

• jpb
  • TAFj-R20 - 'unix'
More
11 years 2 months ago #13468 by jpb
As mentioned we have choosen another way for statements and I haven't really used PRINT.STATEMENT.

But have you tried to insert USR-fields in the STANDARD.SELECTION for AC.STMT.HANDOFF and use them in the selection for PRINT.STATEMENT (not sure if it has to exist in the enquiry from FORMAT-field as well - just try).
The following user(s) said Thank You: subrata

• subrata
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #13469 by subrata
Temenos HD replied no field could be added (updated) in AC.STMT.HANDOFF ($HIS). Anyway, I'll try user fields in SS. Can I ask you what other method you used for statements?
Regards,

• subrata
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #13471 by subrata
Hi JPB,

I tried with USR- fields to bring fields from CUSTOMER to AC.STMT.HANDOFF with J type and it worked.

Thanks a lot for the idea.

• jpb
  • TAFj-R20 - 'unix'
More
11 years 2 months ago #13472 by jpb
Glad that it worked.

We developed a local module to generate xml data for statements (account and portfolio) using XML.EXTRACTOR. These xml are passed to an external tool for printing.

• subrata
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #13473 by subrata
Thanks again.

More
8 years 8 months ago #17825 by Valleyman1
Replied by Valleyman1 on topic PRINT.ROUTINE in PRINT.STATEMENT
good day,

Am trying to do something similar, passing a report from HOLD to external printing program. Can you kindly advise how i could achieve this

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds