× Discuss about OFS, Temenos Connectors, Various OFS modes, OFS with Versions, OFS performance, Logging, EB.PHANTOM, OFS.SOURCE etc…

OFS.PARSER.XML - How Does It Work

• McLanJohn
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 4 months ago #23514 by McLanJohn
OFS.PARSER.XML - How Does It Work was created by McLanJohn
Hello, does anyone have any experience with working with OFS.PARSER.XML. I was wondering the steps I need to run this routine, and related work. From what I understood I should fill the following application at the T24 browser:

Step 1: OFS.SOURCE 
Step 2: OFS.XML.TAGS
Step 3: OFS.XML.HEADER
Step 4: EB.PHANTOM 

But what is not clear is how to get things all together. I have an X file in XML, where do I introduce it to the system and how does the OFS.PARSER.XML routine fit in. The purpose is to shift work to accept XML files.

I would really appreciate referring to a documentation or a working example I can follow. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• VK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Globus|G09-G13 TAFC|R05-R23 TAFJ|R19,R23-test
More
2 years 4 months ago #23515 by VK
Replied by VK on topic OFS.PARSER.XML - How Does It Work
Hi
this is a core routine that normally isn't recommended to run in local developments.

what type of files you're going to proceed? If that's incoming delivery messages (e.g. SWIFT) then you can set up delivery carrier accordingly but there's no need to invoke that routine directly.

BTW, EB.PHANTOM is an outdated technology and is no more used.

Cheers
VK

• McLanJohn
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 4 months ago #23516 by McLanJohn
Replied by McLanJohn on topic OFS.PARSER.XML - How Does It Work
Hello, thanks for the fast reply.

Yeah basically I'm looking into reading messages in XML. And if I may ask,

So let's say I sent an X message in XML and got Y response. Shouldn't this aforementioned core routine be responsible for retrieving the information from this response let it be tags, common, data, and so on.

In case I do not utilize this routine, what happens after I get this XML response. Did I finish this, per example, transaction and move on or is there a step missing.

Thank you for your time

• VK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Globus|G09-G13 TAFC|R05-R23 TAFJ|R19,R23-test
More
2 years 4 months ago #23517 by VK
Replied by VK on topic OFS.PARSER.XML - How Does It Work
Hi

> Shouldn't this aforementioned core routine be responsible for retrieving the information from this response let it be tags, common, data, and so on

Probably yes. Not sure there's any documentation reflecting this.

Check Temenos documents for DE module (Delivery).

Cheers
VK

More
2 years 4 months ago #23518 by gerry.thomas
Replied by gerry.thomas on topic OFS.PARSER.XML - How Does It Work
That is a core routine primarily meant to parse Browser XML messages. Though (in theory) it should be possible to use this to parse other xml message formats, in practice i don't think it has been used for any other xml format. Even Temenos does not use it to parse OFSML. There is no documentation on this parser.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds