GL Reports

• partha
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #16365 by partha
GL Reports was created by partha
Hi

Can you please explain in detail about GL in T24? What are all the parameterization required to generate the GL reports in T24.

Thanks
Partha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jpb
  • TAFj-R20 - 'unix'
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #16371 by jpb
Replied by jpb on topic GL Reports
Use the SEARCH to look for CRB or CRF, there are may topics. E.g. www.t24all.com/index.php/forum/feedback/...reporting.html#15276
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by jpb.

• partha
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #16374 by partha
Replied by partha on topic GL Reports
Thank you.!

More
9 years 4 months ago #16690 by balaji2301
Replied by balaji2301 on topic GL Reports
Dear JPB,

Can u please tell me how to verify the GL reports and what one needs to look in GL report??

Regards,
R Balaji

• jpb
  • TAFj-R20 - 'unix'
More
9 years 4 months ago #16692 by jpb
Not sure what you mean by "verify the GL reports ", to reprint them you can use RE.STAT.REQUEST.
If you mean verify as 'reconcile' this is highly dependant on your setup and the used modules, I can't answer generally.

To look into the generated reports use the enquiry REPORT.LIST and select by REPORT.NAME.
For specific enquiry on certain lines you can use enquiry RE.STAT.LINE.CONTENT or use RE.STAT.BAL.REC to print detailed information.

Does this help?

• jpb
  • TAFj-R20 - 'unix'
More
9 years 4 months ago #16698 by jpb
@R Balaji

Thanks for your response. I want to verify as reconcile please let know what setup I need to refer and to check the report for the transactions inputted. Some LD, SEC.TRADE, MG transactions have been inputted I need to verify against the transaction in GL report. Please advise.

Normally this is a task for your finance department ;-)
The only general tip is to search for the transaction reference in the report and compare to the result of enquiry TXN.ENTRY.
Positions/accounts/deals should match to EB.CONTRACT.BALANCES (most of them in there).
If there are any gaps in defining the LINES you will get transactions under CATCH.ALL or you will have a mismatch.

As mentioned before, recon is to be established to your needs. I don't have a 'out-of-the-box' solution.
(E.g. I don't know MG and when you talk about SEC.TRADE in GL are these own book transactions ? Too many unknown !)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Louis_CL16

More
9 years 4 months ago #16702 by balaji2301
Replied by balaji2301 on topic GL Reports
Dear JPB,

I have created a SEC TRADE for Bond with Value date as 09 Apr 2014 but I am not getting the interest accrued detail in CRB report as on 31 DEC 2014. Interest accrued is displaying on 01 Jan 2015 for the same SEC TRADE. Please help me to know why it was not displaying on 31 DEC 2014.

Interest Accrual for other SEC TRADE which I created on 14 Dec 2014 is displaying in CRB report as on 31 DEC 2014.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
R Balaji

• jpb
  • TAFj-R20 - 'unix'
More
9 years 4 months ago #16709 by jpb
So these are own book transactions ??!!
The underlying files for own book are Fxxx.SC.TRADING.POSITION and Fxxx.SC.TRADE.POS.HISTORY.

Maybe the setup in SECURITY.MASTER is causing this difference, e.g. ACCRUAL.START.DATE or COUP.DIV.CUT.DATE or ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: balaji2301, Louis_CL16

More
9 years 3 months ago #16774 by Louis_CL16
Replied by Louis_CL16 on topic GL Reports
Dear JPB,

I have a query about how to map line for new product?

• jpb
  • TAFj-R20 - 'unix'
More
9 years 3 months ago #16777 by jpb
In general : decide on which LINE you need the product and change the definition accordingly.

More
9 years 3 months ago #16779 by Louis_CL16
Dear JPB,
Do I have to make new product from the range (RE.STAT.RANGE) , or have to create a new line?
If I have to create a new line, how can I build it for ASSET&LIAB key and PRF&LOSS?

I am sorry because I don't know how to map line.

• jpb
  • TAFj-R20 - 'unix'
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #16782 by jpb
What you have to define/change depends on what you already have in your definitions and where you need the new product to appear in the GL and PL.
If for example you define a new account-type you might want to show it with the already existing line for current accounts.
So locate the lines (debit and credit) where current accounts are shown and check how the selection is made.
In GL
Maybe it's just something like ASSET.APPLIC.ID = AC, CATEGORY = 1000, ASSET.TYPE = CREDIT/DEBIT (depending on your CONSOLIDATE.COND for AL), maybe you have e.g. CATEGORY = *ACBILCL and/or ASSET.TYPE = *CAT51 (a star means the values are taken from RE.STAT.RANGE, see e.g. GLSTD.3120).
In PL the logic is the same, see e.g. PLSTD.0100

If you have to change a already used RANGE you have to remove it from the LINES (shown in REPORT.NAME, REPORT.LINE) before you can amend them.

If you need a new assignment in either report you can just insert a new LINE at the correct place with your selection.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by jpb.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Louis_CL16

More
9 years 3 months ago #16792 by Louis_CL16
Can you explain what are "Total print" and "Total accum" used for in table RE.STAT.REP.LINE?
As I know that total print is used to calculate the total for Type "total". And "total accum" is used to calculate the total for Type "detail". For example, every detail which is record 2 in field total accum will be sum total in the line type "total" which is record 2 in field total accum.
So, what if total is record "3,4,5,6 or 7"? because we can define 1 field total accum for each line.

Can you give me a more clear example?
Thank you

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds