× Discuss on T24 Installation, Setting up the environment, TC Server, jBOSS, Package & Deployment, etc…

ACCOUNT CATEGORY

• josephnsibambi
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #17905 by josephnsibambi
ACCOUNT CATEGORY was created by josephnsibambi
I have pragmatically changed the account category field of some accounts from category 4021 to category 9035 using a routine.
category 4021 is attached to GL line 1010 and category 9035 is attached to GL line 1011
Note Not all the accounts in category 4021 are meant to be changed and this was archived and category 9035 is not new
it has some old accounts already.
the category change was successful but after running COB the accounts in category 9035 that were changed are still reporting to GL line 1010

what could be the proble?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jpb
  • TAFj-R20 - 'unix'
More
8 years 8 months ago #17927 by jpb
Replied by jpb on topic ACCOUNT CATEGORY
What do you mean by "using a routine" ?
If you haven't used ACCOUNT for this change (either by application directly or using OFS) the needed STATIC.CHANGES will not be triggered and thus the consol keys etc. are not changed.
To trigger the STATIC.CHANGE either make another change using ACCOUNT or try with manipulating Fxxx.ACCOUNT.ACT by creating a record with ID = <account.id>;<old.curr.no> and the date of change as the only data.
This file should be used during COB-STATIC.CHANGE to amend the consol key etc. (I never personally used this - so try out).

• josephnsibambi
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #17932 by josephnsibambi
Replied by josephnsibambi on topic ACCOUNT CATEGORY
I was using journal update to update the table directly in my routine
I switched to using OFS and it worked fine
Thanks

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds