× Discuss on Template programming, jBASE programming, Enquiries, No-File enquiry, Enquiry routines, Version, Version routines, Menus, Abbriviations, Creating local reference fields, Fast path enquiries, Creating charts and graphs, Generating Reports, Deal slips, Straight through processing, Multi Company and Multi Book setup, Tabbed screens, Composite Screens, T24 API, etc...

T24 Sign on/Online status

• arslan
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #21745 by arslan
T24 Sign on/Online status was created by arslan
Hi everyone,

Hope you guys are doing great and here is my issue that i am dealing with (I have checked the similar questions but they are not answered well as well so here I am).

We have two different releases and one is using browser and the other one is using the desktop. I need to watch which user is signed in and somehow logged off. So, there is OS.TOKEN and OS.TOKEN.USE tables but they are not giving precisely result unless user clicks the log off link. So, what is the solution to understand which user is online/active with precise result for both browser and desktop?

One of my approach was attaching a subroutine to OFS.SOURCE id which is being used by browser. However, when I try to create EB.API record, after validation, it says that missing application and dont help me to make step forward.

Any help or suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by arslan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• VK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Globus:G09-G13|TAFC:R05-R23|TAFJ:R19,R23:test
More
5 years 11 months ago #21746 by VK
Replied by VK on topic T24 Sign on/Online status
Hi
for Browser sessions you can try the following jQL query:
LIST F.OS.TOKEN WITH EVAL "DATE()-TIME.2" EQ 0 USER.ID EVAL "OCONV(TIME.1, 'MTS')" COL.HDR 'Last Seen' BY.DSND EVAL "TIME.2:FMT(TIME.1,\R%5\)" ID.SUPP

.. but for Desktop / Classic sessions "Last seen" would mean "Login time".

As for routine hook, again - for Browser sessions - you can use USER field SIGN.ON.RTN.

Cheers
VK

• arslan
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #21747 by arslan
Replied by arslan on topic T24 Sign on/Online status
Thank you so much for your handy and useful information but I need to understand active online users. So, this gives only the last seen. Yea, I can grab the timeout of the user and calculate it based on the last seen but is there any other way to see active online users without extra effort?

By the way I have two different environments, if that might change the case;
R17 Tafj
R14 Tafc

• VK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Globus:G09-G13|TAFC:R05-R23|TAFJ:R19,R23:test
More
5 years 11 months ago #21748 by VK
Replied by VK on topic T24 Sign on/Online status
There's no such thing like "active online" for Browser since it's stateless. But you can see what Temenos licensing thinks about it:
jInstallKey -v

For Desktop and Classic - if user logs out then the record in OS.TOKEN is deleted.

For Browser - field with time is refreshed every minute or two as far as I remember. If user closes browser window without clicking "exit" OS.TOKEN record would stay.
So to analyze the timeout would be the correct way.

Looks like you're upgrading? R14 to R17 looks reasonable but why TAFJ? There's TAFC upgrade available for R17 AFAIK.

Cheers
VK
The following user(s) said Thank You: arslan

• arslan
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #21753 by arslan
Replied by arslan on topic T24 Sign on/Online status
IT department is like a company under the roof of the bank since there are 5 different banks as association. So, we are dealing with all of them. This is the reason :) and thank you for your help indeed, I will be going through your lead.

Also, any chance that you might have any idea about my other issue?
www.t24all.com/index.php/forum/t24-devel...plication.html#21752

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds